I saw this post by Francesca that she posted in the teddy-talk forums and it gave me a nudge.
I’ve been meaning to try out polymer clay noses for a while, but I hadn’t put much thought into how to begin. So when I read her tutorial post, it gave me that little spark of inspiration and motivation to head out, and find me some Fimo!
I used a 5mm English glass eye for the “base” and a bear whose nose had been giving me lots of trouble.
Francesca showed enough photos that it was a breeze to try it out.
It took a few attempts at sculpting the nose as this was my first try. I had overestimated the amount of Fimo I needed and ended up with about half the amount of Fimo as I started with!
While I’m happy with my first attempt at a nose, I’m not sure how I feel about the end result on the bear. The nose doesn’t look like I was initially trying for. So I’ve decided to let him wear it for a few days to see how I feel while I work on some other things. I can also still try sanding and painting the nose, or even making another one!
– – – – –